Find a Contractor/Supplier
Crack sealing is one of most cost effective pavement preservation treatments out there.
One lane mile of sealant saves the equivalent of one barrel of crude oil when compared to hot mix paving.
Factors that may Impact Cost
- Unit Price—Low Bid
- Lump Sum/Firm Fixed Price
- Cost Plus
- Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity
- Bid by the gallon and not by the pound
- Extra specification restrictions
Decrease Cost Without Affecting Quality
- Early letting closing, ideally October through December for the following year’s work
- Clear, constructible specs, fully understood by inspection staff
- Longer lane closures so the process can proceed without waiting to reopen a lane
- Consistent annual crack sealing program
Thank you for signing up for the PPRA mailing list!
If you created an account, you should receive an email shortly with more instructions to activate your account.