Find a Contractor/Supplier
- Approximately 60% reduction in life-cycle cost compared to traditional mill & fill treatment.
- By placing a preservation treatment while the PCI of a pavement is 80, the agency avoids a cost increase of 300% compared to placing a treatment to a pavement with a PCI of 40.
Factors that may Impact Cost
- Traffic staging (easier to do 1 lane the full job length, harder to do both lanes to the same point each day)
- Urban work (catch basins, intersection control add to cost) vs. rural work
- Letting date vs. completion date, number of working days
- Raw material pricing and accessibility/ mobilization costs required (emulsion, aggregate)
- Number of contractors in region
Decrease Cost Without Affecting Quality
- Early letting closing, ideally October-December for the next year’s work.
- Clear, constructible specifications, fully understood by inspection staff.
- Longer lane closures, so the process can proceed without waiting to reopen a lane.
- Consistent annual slurry seal program.
Thank you for signing up for the PPRA mailing list!
If you created an account, you should receive an email shortly with more instructions to activate your account.