Find a Contractor/Supplier
- Approximately 60% reduction in life-cycle cost compared to traditional mill & fill treatment.
- By placing a preservation treatment while the PCI of a pavement is 80, the agency avoids a cost increase of 300% compared to placing a treatment to a pavement with a PCI of 40.
Factors that may Impact Cost
- Traffic staging (easier to do 1 lane the full job length, harder to do both lanes to the same point each day)
- Urban work (catch basins, intersection control add to cost) vs. rural work
- Letting date vs. completion date, number of working days
- Raw material pricing and accessibility/ mobilization costs required (emulsion, aggregate)
- Number of contractors in region
Decrease Cost Without Affecting Quality
- Early letting closing, ideally October-December for the next year’s work.
- Clear, constructible specifications, fully understood by inspection staff.
- Longer lane closures, so the process can proceed without waiting to reopen a lane.
- Consistent annual slurry seal program.