Find a Contractor/Supplier
- Micro surfacing should be applied when both the asphalt pavement and air temperatures are above 45°F (7°C) and rising.
- While the application of micro surfacing should be suspended if rain is imminent, newly applied micro surfacing can resist a certain amount of rain.
- Micro surfacing placed in cool or damp weather may cure with a faded color, but it should become darker over time.
- Micro surfacing should not be performed when either the asphlt pavement or air temperature is below 50°F (10°C) and falling.
- Micro surfacing should not be performed if there is a possibility of freezing temperatures within 24 hours of application.
- The mixture shall not be applied when weather conditions prolong the opening to traffic beyond a reasonable time.