Ultra Thin Lift HMA
- Specification Review
Find a Contractor/Supplier
For recognized and accepted ultra thin lift specifications applicable to your area, it is recommended that you contact your State Department of Transportation.
Many states have multiple applications that could be classified as ultra thin lift. It is important to determine which specification is most relevant to your particular situation.
- Ultra thin lifts are typically manufactured using a coarse and fine aggregate stockpile. Aggregates must be propperly dried and moisture contents reduced.
- Different asphalt binders may be required depending on climatic conditions, traffic volumes, treatment types and local specification
- Anti-stripping agents are typically added to improve the performance of the mix.
- Use of a shuttle buggy and warm mix technology will increase time availible for compaction and help ensure a successful project.
- The Asphalt Institute hosts a free 1.5 hour webinar on "Thin Lift Asphalt Overlays: Project Selection, Design, and Construction".
- FHWA has a free downloadable "Thin Hot-Mix Asphalt Overlay" checklist.
Michigan DOT Ultra Thin Lift Specification
Thank you for signing up for the PPRA mailing list!
If you created an account, you should receive an email shortly with more instructions to activate your account.