Ultra Thin Lift HMA
- Quality Assurance
Find a Contractor/Supplier
Lack of In-place Density
- Check temperature of mixture
- Verify aggregate gradation and binder content are within mix design tolerances
- Verify that proper rolling pattern developed in control strip is being followed
- Reestablish control strip and rolling pattern
- Assure anti-strip is at propoer rate IF REQUIRED
- Warm mix asphalt technologies will increase workability and compactability of treatment.
Uncoated aggregate in the plant mix
- Check for excess moisture in the aggregate
- Check the plant for worn or missing flights and for insufficient mixing time
- Check loading and unloading of haul trucks for proper procedures
- Check operation of paver for improper folding of paver wings
- Check for adequate head of material to paver augers and screed
- Check mixture for proper binder content
Mix has lean or dull appearance
- Check mixture for too little asphalt or excess minus No. 200 material
Thank you for signing up for the PPRA mailing list!
If you created an account, you should receive an email shortly with more instructions to activate your account.